Thursday, April 14, 2011

AHHH... Spring Break

This week off has been just about amazing. I have truly enjoyed getting to spend some wonderful time with Patrick. He had through Wednesday off so we had lots of time to just be. I love that... just be-ing the two of us. We were on no real schedule, no time line of sorts... just together. We have talked about this, that and everything in between. We have laughed at stupid stuff, things that are funny to just us and things that if you were walking by us would think that we had lost our minds. I think that our times are sweeter simply because we know what it is like to be apart and we appreciate any time that we are able to just be.

Not only have I gotten to enjoy being with Patrick this week, but I have been pretty productive. I have all of my lesson plans planned out for the rest of the school year and they are nearly all typed and formatted for submission. I am extremely pleased with this as it will free my time for other things. When I return to school on Monday (is it really almost over?!) I will only have 8 more Mondays until the end of the school year. For those of you who know me well, you know that I am a planner and when it comes to dates and counting them down, a CHAMP! I've had LOTS of practice at it.
Another area where I have been productive is self-evaluation and reflection. I can get so busy (there is that word again) with life that I don't stop to do this. I do value it and yet struggle with actually taking the time to honestly doing it. Oh, I might take 5 minutes here or there to sit and ponder, but the real reflecting, evaluating where you are honest with yourself about what God has been saying takes real time. I have had that time and took that time this week. What did I discover? Well, I discovered a heap. It became really evident as I talked with God and listened to what he had to say, not what I wanted to hear, but truly listened to what He wanted me to hear. Again, going back to the whole planning thing- I am a CHAMP. I do come by it honestly, however. The women in my family are planners, it is what we do. We like having a plan and we go by the plan. We have a back up plan for the plan and more often than not, have a back up plan for the back up plan- see what I mean. So, after all of that... here is what I heard this week.
I have had "faith" and that is good. I have been trying my best to "let go and let God" (really tired of that saying!). I have been relying on Him, truly I can honestly say that I have been relying on Him. I now realize that I have been doing all of that, but for my time line- not His. For the first time, though, I am ready to be on His time line and not mine. Will I struggle from time to time with not taking back planning, sure. I am not naive enough to think that now that I have come to this revelation that all will somehow be sunshine and roses. I do know that the stress and (as Patrick calls it) my A+ personality can just chill in this department and busy myself with planning and controlling other areas :). I am sure that God will put an opportunity in my lap for me to try and control right in the place of something that I have laid down. (Please note the sarcasm.)

I am looking forward to the coming weeks and months. I want to see where God is going to take me with this new found understanding.

No comments: