Friday, April 29, 2011

Our Night Out




Last night, we went out. Not so much on a date night, but it was a date. Last night was the Junior/Senior Banquet for OCSI (the school where I teach). The night was perfect! Everyone was dressed beautifully. The Senior advisors spoke love and words of Truth to their students. As tradition dictated, the parents gave the video well wishes to their seniors. There were heart felt memories of childhood antics, pictures of the seniors as babies with dates on them that made us feel old and precious stories of families. Then, the parents did something that was perhaps the most meaningful thing I've ever seen. They all got up on the stage and sang "Amazing Grace/My Chains are Gone" to their children. They changed the words on the last stanza to say "Your chains are gone, You've been set free. Your God your Savior has ransomed thee". I can't even put into words how incredible that was. Lots of the seniors are leaving the Island to go to college back in the States. These children are being sent out into the world with the knowledge and many of them with the experiences already, saying that God will be their guide and will be faithful to complete the good work He has started in them.

This group of students is special for many different reasons. They are to me because they are the first class that I subbed for when I came to OCSI in the spring just after we arrived on Island. They are gracious and kind, fun loving and hilarious and some of the most genuine people. I am looking forward to seeing the amazing things that God does in their lives.

Here are several pictures of me with a couple of students and then some of my friends that I teach with at OCSI.
Me with Amy


Me and Yuria

Me with Teacher Friends


Me with a teacher friend, Hitomi Yabe




1 comment:

Cathy said...

Paige, what a beautiful "send-off" into the world for your students. Thank you so much for sharing this and the beautiful pictures.
Hugs to you and Patrick,
Cathy McGill