Friday, February 10, 2012

Amazing what happens when...

You know, it is AMAZING to me what happens when you talk to the right person. It happened to me twice today.

First, I had my first doctor's appointment today and it was really just so I could get a referral. I was supposed to be meeting with my PCM (For the non- military types that is Primary Care Manager.) As it was to be, I did not end up meeting with her (it goes that way sometimes) and instead met with the "right person". Oh my goodness!! He was a wealth of knowledge. He looked at my face while I talked and he listened as to what I needed, then gave me some inside scoop~ "since I was new" and then told me that "if I had any more questions or needed anything to feel free to call him". To many of you who just read this, you are probably thinking "she is lying... she did NOT to a military installation of any sort" or "when can I go where she went". I promise I was on Ft. Belvoir, an army post and if you come here, you can go there. He told me that he understood I had to do what I had to do. WOW!! Thank you, Lord for providing for me!

Second, I received a call from the Movers; actually the lady that I spoke with yesterday. She asked me (as I was checking out at the commissary- not passing up that opportunity while I was already there, saving a trip that would've had to have happened next week anyway) had I called the office today. "No", I replied, "I haven't had the chance". "No problem", she answered, "Would it be alright if _____ (guy who was supposed to call me back in the first place) comes tomorrow and hoists your furniture?" Of course, I would LOVE for him to come and do that for me! WHOO HOOO HOOOO!! She was the "right person" to talk to and now I will be sitting on my couch tomorrow night!

Talking to the right person is an art that I watched my Grandmother perfect. It didn't make a difference if she was buying a roast or just the right bag to match her dress and shoes. I thought of her today as those things were happening to me. I think it happened to her in part because of the woman she was, because of all of the people she and my Granddaddy knew, because she knew the art of cultivating "finding the right person" and she did it with grace. Here's to being more and more like her! And if you knew her or have heard me tell you any stories of her, you know that's a really good thing.

No comments: